Fresh Peach Salsa
Fresh, summery salsa made with tomatoes and peaches. Lightly sweetened, naturally flavored with a little heat, this salsa is perfect for any occasion. Recipe is vegan + gluten-free. Makes 3 cups (24 oz).
I love all of the seasons, but summer has always been my favorite. Fresh fruits, pool/beach, sunshine, travel, slushies, long days, fresh corn from my Grandparents’ farm, etc. etc. And my birthday 🙂
When it comes to food, we try to be as seasonal as we can and enjoy what’s in season while it’s fresh. Right now, it’s peaches. We buy them by the box! This recipe is a combo of our favorite things: fresh fruit and salsa. We eat a lot of chips and salsa here so why not add more options to the menu?
This Fresh Peach Salsa is made in about 10 minutes with fresh ingredients. The peaches are stewed on the stovetop to make a quick syrup then added to a food processor with tomatoes and spices to make a delicious, lightly sweetened salsa. Gently cooking the peaches adds depth and makes this more like a jarred salsa you might find on the store shelves. Peach salsa is always on our grocery list so now we can make it at home instead 🙂
Tips for Fresh Peach Salsa:
- Use fresh ingredients for the best flavor (support those local farmers!)
- A food processor = a more uniform salsa (A hand chopper works, too)
- Let the salsa refrigerate for at least 8 hours (24 is recommended) to get the best flavor and let everything blend
- Use Roma tomatoes- they’re sturdier and have less liquid
- Don’t skimp on the salt- add some when making the salsa then stir in a little more before serving, if needed.
Serve this salsa with chips, over grilled foods, with avocado toast, or with carnitas tacos 🙂 It’s especially delicious over veggies and rice!
Fresh Peach Salsa
- 1½ c fresh peaches, chopped ~3 large peaches
- 2 tbsp jalapeno, diced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 3 c Roma tomatoes, chopped ~4-5 Romas
- 1/2 c bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine peaches, brown sugar, jalapeno, vinegar, and lime juice into a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is bubbling and peaches are breaking down, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Add cooled peach mixture to a food processor along with remaining ingredients (tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, garlic powder and salt/pepper).
- Pulse 2-3x to combine, scrape down sides, then process on low for 10-15 seconds, or until desired consistency.
- Pour salsa into a jar or container and refrigerate, covered, for 8-24 hours to chill. Salsa texture and flavor improve with chilling. Enjoy salsa within 7 days.
It’s almost the weekend, friends! And if you need a new salsa to make for baseball watching, cookouts, or movie nights–give this fresh peach version a try! Have a great day!