Creamy Cauliflower Soup
It’s June and I’m making soup 🙂 I’m a fan of soup year-round and I definitely don’t follow season rules for ‘comfort food’. Summer me needs comfort, too 😉 This soup has been a go-to of ours for the past month– it’s creamy and flavorful but not too fussy and it couldn’t be easier to make. It works well as a nice summer entree– but even if you only crave soup in the fall/winter, definitely save this recipe to have on hand!
For this Creamy Cauliflower Soup, you’ll need:
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 medium white or yellow onion
- 1 cup each: shredded carrot, heavy cream, shredded white cheddar
- An immersion blender and a soup pot
- Less than an hour (save a few minutes by prepping veggies ahead!)
Customize this soup with toppings like:
- shredded cheddar
- roasted veggies
- croutons or crackers
- salt, pepper, paprika or cayenne
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- large stockpot
- immersion blender
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets approx. 4 cups
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, diced approx. 1 cup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Optional toppings such as: more shredded cheddar, croutons, roasted veggies, etc.
- In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg to the pot. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent.
- Add in the carrots and stir to heat through, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in the veggie broth and the cauliflower florets. Mix well to combine with sauteed onion/carrot blend.
- Cover pot and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, carefully blend until soup is smooth and creamy– this takes approximately 5 minutes.
- Immediately stir in the shredded cheese until fully melted.
- Serve as desired and season with more salt/pepper and/or toppings.
Who else loves a good soup year-round? Do you have a go-to you make, no matter the season? Let me know what you think of this Creamy Cauliflower Soup and if you make it, be sure to comment and tag me at #dachshundmomblog on Instagram 🙂 Cheers to some good eats in June, friends!