Vegetarian Beef and Bean Burritos
Vegetarian burritos packed with flavor. An easy alternative to fast food or frozen burritos. Fast, kid-friendly, protein packed and portable. Perfect for Game Nights or when you want takeout at home. Use up leftover prepared taco filling (with taco seasoning) to make these or make taco filling if necessary. Each Burrito has approximately 300 calories (can use lower fat options for less calories).
Servings 2 burritos
- 2 medium size flour tortillas
- 1 cup prepared beefless ground taco filling or any taco filling
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup Mexican shredded cheese blend (or similar)
- 2-3 tbsp sour cream
- pinch each salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tbsp chopped red onion
- cooking spray for pan
Assemble and Cook Burritos
°Spread half the beans on center of tortillas. Top each with half of the taco filling mixture and finish with onion.
Fold left and right sides of tortilla inward and pull filling tight and roll to form burrito. Add water to inside edges to help seal.
Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. Place burritos folded edge side down and let cook for 1-2 minutes then turn and cook 1-2 minutes on the other side.
Finish with 1 minute more per side or until evenly browned and lightly crisp.
Make these ahead to freeze:
- Assemble and cook burritos
- Let cool completely then wrap individually in wax paper and/or aluminum foil
- Place wrapped burritos in an airtight freezer bag or container and use within 3 months
- Reheat from frozen in 350* oven until edges are browned and crispy and filling is hot.