Homemade Self Rising Cornmeal
Simple, homemade version to use in place of any plain self rising cornmeal. This does not contain flour. Recipe makes 4 cups total.
- 3¾ cups white or yellow cornmeal fine ground recommended
- 4 Tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- Ensure your baking powder is fresh for best results (not open for longer than a few months).
- This recipe is for plain self rising cornmeal (not enriched- it does not contain flour).
- Plain self rising cornmeal is the staple ingredient in southern style cornbread or cornbread muffins but it's difficult to find in stores outside of the southern US.
- Use this homemade version in your recipe as directed
Serving: 2Tablespoons | Calories: 47kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.7g | Protein: 1.4g | Fat: 0.5g | Fiber: 1.4g