Sheet Pan Fajita Veggies
Fresh vegetables in a delicious fajita marinade (with homemade or store-bought fajita seasoning). Easy preparation and a sheet pan make these perfect for any night of the week. Serve the veggies with tortillas for traditional fajitas, or try in a rice bowl or on a salad. Sheet Pan Fajita veggies are a great meal-prep option. Vegan.
- 2 medium zucchini cut into thin half-moons
- 2 medium yellow squash cut into thin half-moons
- 1/2 lb broccoli cut into small florets (2 to 3 cups)
- 2 large bell peppers sliced into strips
- 2 medium white or yellow onions sliced into strips
- 1 to 2 large Roma tomatoes sliced
- 2 Tbsp fajita seasoning (or 1 standard packet of fajita seasoning)
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium fresh lime (or 1 to 2 tbsp lime juice)
- tortillas, for serving
- optional for serving: guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, cheese, extra lime wedges
Preheat oven to 450°F. Set aside a large seasoned sheet pan.
Add vegetables to a large bowl. Stir in the fajita seasoning and stir several times to coat well.
Add in the oil and stir to distribute. Squeeze one half of a fresh lime over the veggies and stir again.
Pour prepared vegetables onto the sheet pan and spread evenly. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until vegetables soften and are beginning to brown. No need to stir.
Turn oven to Broil (high) and let veggies cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until lightly charred.
Remove pan from oven and gently stir vegetables to redistribute oil and pan juices. Squeeze the other half of the lime over the vegetables and serve as desired.
- Volume of raw vegetables should be ~12 cups total. Swap in mushrooms for some of the squash, if preferred.
- Substitute frozen vegetables for convenience. Frozen veggies should be thawed and drained first.
- To make ahead: season + oil veggies as instructed then spread on a sheet pan and par-freeze for 1 hour. Then place in a freezer safe bag for up to 6 months. Thaw first then cook as directed (may need to adjust cooking time).
- To Freeze leftovers: cook as directed and let cool to room temperature. Add to an airtight container (or portion out) and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat as desired.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3.8g | Fat: 7.4g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 687mg | Fiber: 4.2g | Sugar: 7.5g | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg