Lemon Everything Cookies
Don’t get me wrong–I love a good chocolate chip or double chocolate chunk cookie. Or 4 😉 And I can hardly resist the monster vegan everything cookies at the Earth Fare checkout line. But where are the other “everything” cookies?! I felt like lemon cookies deserved a moment.
These Lemon Everything Cookies are chewy, full of citrus flavor and loaded with lemon’s friends– white chocolate, cranberries, coconut and almonds.
What You’ll Need for Lemon Everything Cookies:
- 2 lemons (1 might cut it..but it’s better to have 2 on hand)
- Dried cranberries, toasted coconut/almonds*, white chocolate chips
- 2 light colored cookie sheets
- 35 total minutes to golden lemon-y cookie goodness
These are perfect for Spring and this recipe makes 2 dozen cookies (so you can share)! *You’ll need toasted coconut and almond slices or slivers but toasting these at home is super easy and adds so much depth to the flavor. Or you can skip that step and buy those pre-toasted. Or omit them altogether and have your own favorite mix in combo 🙂
Lemon Everything Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice from 1-2 lemons
- 2 tsp lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ c AP flour
- 1 c sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ c white chocolate chips
- ½ c dried cranberries
- ½ c toasted coconut flakes* *see below
- ½ c toasted almond slices or slivers* *see below
Toast the coconut and almonds
- You can buy pre-toasted coconut/almonds for this recipe or use your favorite method (oven, stove-top, microwave) to lightly toast them. Here’s what I use for this recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Spread coconut and almonds on a sheet pan in a single layer. Toast for 2 minutes undisturbed. Remove from oven and shake pan to loosen items, then scrape coconut and almonds onto a sheet of parchment– spread into a single layer; do not “pile”. Removing coconut and almonds from the oven promptly and removing them from the pan immediately prevents them from cooking further.
To make Lemon Everything Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two light colored cookie sheets with parchment if desired and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Meanwhile–
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the liquid ingredients: the egg, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Once butter and sugar are creamed, add in the wet/liquid ingredients and mix on low for 30 seconds. Scrape sides of mixer if needed.
- Return mixer to low speed and slowly add in the dry flour mixture–mix until just combined. Scrape sides down to fully incorporate all of the flour mixture.
- Fold in the mix ins (white chocolate chips, cranberries, coconut and almonds).
- Using a cookie scoop, place rounded cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake on middle rack for 13-15 minutes, until barely browned on edges and top is no longer shiny.
- Let cookies rest on baking sheets for 5 minutes then move to cooking racks. Enjoy!*Store cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days
- -dried blueberries
- -walnuts, pecans or macadamia nuts
- Try to keep the white chocolate chips from touching the bottom of the pans–this helps keep them from scorching. You may have to ‘cover’ them with a little more cookie dough on the bottoms of the cookies.
- Use fresh lemon juice and zest. Lemon flavoring and oil (while convenient) are just not as good for these cookies where you want that bright, citrus flavor 🙂
I hope your April is off to a great start! (but how is it *April* already?!?) Give these Lemon Everything Cookies a try for Easter or your next Springtime party 🙂 Leave me a comment or tag me on Instagram (@thedachshundmom) if you make them!